June 12th 2015, 10:00 – 18:00
- Mozilla London, 101 St. Martin’s Lane, London WC2N 4AZ
- Remote participation
- Host your own. Let us know you want to.
Hackday/sprint to build tools/stories/widgets for organised labour.
Add ideas/provocations here –> https://etherpad.net/p/dotcomradeideas
Finance, education, hailing a taxi, you name it, it has been/is being/will be transformed or “disrupted” by the web.
Organised labour hasn’t begun to scratch the surface of the opportunities for protecting, strengthening and extending workers’ rights that are offered by these technologies.
- Can existing trades unions be rebooted, revived and reinvigorated by technology?
- Do we need a new web native cooperative, trades union or guild?
- Do we consign trades unions to the dustbin of history and build whatever organised labour needs next?
- What do open standards for organising or ensuring working conditions and predictablility of income look like?
More detail and ranting
On June 12th we’ll give people a space and an excuse to gather and think about this stuff. We’ll bring together interested parties, forge links between existing efforts and build new things.